Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's Almost Over

Well, this is the last week of my summer as I start teaching summer school next Monday.  Don't feel too bad for me though; I'm only working half-days.  And I traveled the world this summer.  And I have had 7 weeks off.  Somebody slap me if you hear me complaining.

Thanks for the help with the Eiffel Tower pictures.  There should be a poster-sized version framed in our office by next week.  Apparently the A, B, and C letters labeling the pictures were not clear as each of you preferred your own numbered labeling system.  And I tried to make it simple for you.  Thought you might need a little rest after traveling along with me for several weeks.  I planned that 10 word post for a week.  A, B, or C I asked.  #1 you all answered.  You're lucky I didn't go all Mrs. McAffry on you!


Photo A/#1

Unlike when I ask Andrew for his opinion, I am actually going with yours.  Does anybody else ever do that?  You know, ask which shirt looks better, and then choose precisely the opposite of what the person suggests.  I'm afraid Andrew is going to stop offering his opinions if I don't start listening to them.  It's just that after I ask, I finally realize what looks better or makes more sense.  Sorry, honey, I'm working on it.

The following comments are in no way intended to distract Andrew from the previous paragraph.  But, in case you didn't realize it from this post, this post, and this post, I really love being married to him.  The last few days he has just gone above and beyond.  Last night after returning home from my second tennis match of the day, he had the table set and dinner ready.  The menu: grilled green peppers and steak shish kabobs, grilled corn on the cob, and my favorite Pepperidge Farm five cheese garlic bread.  When I opened the freezer looking for for dessert, I found a wonderful surprise - a pint of chocolate raspberry truffle from Bruster's.  This can't be attributed to Andrew, though.  This was from the lovely, thoughtful Michelle, fellow band singer.  

Andrew continued his spoiling me by waking me up with homemade French toast topped with powdered sugar and strawberries with just a bit of syrup on the side.  "Not too much, not too much!"  (Name that movie.)  This was a delightful way to wake up after not being able to sleep from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m.  That is just unheard of for me.  I did learn that I am surprisingly productive in the middle of the night.  I might need to start planning to clean the house at 3 a.m.  Maybe then it wouldn't take me five hours to clean our 1,000 square foot condo.    

Looks like it might be time for this wife to step it up, but we must not forget this was my gift from his trip to SoCal.
He picked this up at LAX just before flying back to the South.  
Read between the lines people.  Or refer to #10 on this post.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

I will take full blame for the numbers instead of letters gaffe. I make these kind of mistakes all the time. Everyone else just followed my lead!!

The Adkins Family said...

That award looks suspiciously like a Powelly award. :)

Sheila said...

Remind me what you brought Andrew back from your trip???!!!!

Sarah C said...

Mother! Nobody was supposed to know about that!