Okay. The Newlywed Game. The only near foible of the evening was that one eager couple (you know who you are) practiced with questions they found on the internet. Umm, the exact same questions I printed out to use for the game. Did they really think this cheapskate actually bought the game? They should know me better than that. Luckily they had only gotten through the first few questions, so we just picked up where they had stopped. I guess the possibility of the gift card was pretty enticing!
I think everyone was a little nervous when I broke out the individual dry erase boards, markers, and tissue. I felt like I was ready to teach parallel structure or active voice, but the system worked pretty well. I had to keep an eye on everybody's boards because we all just kept track of our own scores. Hey, there was a $50 Melting Pot gift card at stake. I wasn't taking any chances of sly cheaters taking that thing.
Don't be fooled by that sweet face. This, my friends, is a serious competitor.
Rachel's smirk says it all. She was going for gold. (Though she didn't get the gold last night, she did this morning as she dominated the tennis court.) As for the sweet girl in the back, she is the one who had her husband practicing at midnight the night before.
Not only did we have the gift card at stake, but also Jason's prestigious Powell Church Game Night World Champions belt. All he is missing is a spandex leotard.
You will have to discern the question for yourself.
When it got so dark that we couldn't see the questions anymore, we ventured back inside for a round of Cranium. I have got to get this game. (Mom, have you started your Christmas list yet???)
Who knew Cranium was such an educational game? I learned what a piston was after Jason unsuccessfully tried to create one out of a little round of clay.
This lucky couple is scheduled for a romantic date as they linger over some chocolate fondue.
Confession: As the pictures were uploading I had a bite, okay two bites of the cobbler. It is even good right out of the refrigerator. You simply must try it.

2 comments:
Sounds like a great evening!! I HAVE the Cranium game, so that's even better than having to use any of your Christmas allotment for it!!
We are forever going to be known as the cheaters aren't we!! How embarassing.
Post a Comment