Wednesday, June 4, 2008

An Incomplete History Part IV

Top 10 Most Wonderful Things About My Husband

This is his model pose.

1.  He turns down the sheets and carries me to bed every night because I always fall asleep on the couch.  (Most importantly, he ignores the fact that if I wake up at this point I say strange and sometimes mean things like, "I'll get up whenever Will Smith gets up," or "Do stuff that doesn't get on my nerves.")

2.  His forearms have all kinds of veiny, muscley lines that I find totally attractive.

3.  He saves his real laugh for rare, truly funny occasions which makes it all the more wonderful.

4.  He says, "I can't wait to tell your mom" any time I say something funny or stupid.

5.  He is sweet to and affectionate with all the women in his life.

Andrew with his mom and sister.

6.  He can't go more than a week without seeing Audrey, Madelyn, and Jake.

Andrew with Madelyn and Matt, his brother.

Andrew and Jake the Snake...or I guess the Bumblebee.

7.  He always cooks the bacon.

This pound of bacon was for the two of us, but we had just walked 7 miles in Cades Cove.

8.  He has never been in an environment not conducive to swinging a bat or a golf club.

Andrew helping Audrey with her swing.

9.  When he really smiles, he gets about a million lines on his face all around his forehead, eyes, cheeks and mouth.

This is not the real smile.  This is the "I can't believe you are still taking pictures" smile.

10.  He usually underachieves on big holidays like Valentines and Christmas but only because he puts all of his effort into being loving and thoughtful every other day of the year.

The McAffry Family - Christmas '06

Happy Anniversary Babe!  I have enjoyed every minute of these four years, and I look forward to what's to come.

No comments: