
I know I have posted this pic before, but seriously, you would miss it too.
While in Denver, Mark entertained us with some old family videos. He even showed us his Desert Storm homecoming video. It was powerful and emotional to say the least. He was away from Monica and Cristina, who was only about a year old, for eight months. Eight months. Andrew and I have been apart for one week. We have talked on the phone at least twice a day, and I still have missed him terribly. I can't imagine what it must be like for military wives who are separated from their husbands for so long. Not only do they not have the luxury of talking to their husbands every day, but they also have to wonder if their husbands will even return home. I just don't think I have what it takes to be that kind of wife.
On this day, I want to say thank you to all of the men and women who have sacrificed themselves for my freedom. Not only that, I also want to say thank you to the wives, husbands, children, moms, dads, brothers, and sisters who have endured the weeks, months, and years without their loved one. It is not enough, but thank you.

God has blessed America more than we deserve. May we honor Him today as well.

1 comment:
Sarah, you are thoughtful beyond belief.
Post a Comment