
This is totally my favorite way to hold them. All snuggled, warm, and close.
Oh my. I am going to miss these two little ones. Leaving tonight was really difficult. I am always so emotional that I don't always get to say the things I want to say. I wanted to tell Cristina and Mitch they have two of the most beautiful babies, and I am so impressed with their parenting. I wanted to thank Mark and Monica for their hospitality and for showing us around Denver. I wanted to tell Melissa she needs to keep spoiling the babies with her attention just like she already is. None of that happened. I think all I could muster was, "Thanks."

Aunt Melissa in her almost matching outfit showering Isabella with affection.
This is just one of their two 4th of July outfits. You would not believe the clothes they have. I think they take up more closet space than I do.
Somehow, throughout our visit I always ended up holding Sofia. Of course it wasn't a conscious choice, but it just worked out that way. Man did I build a bond with her in only two days. I know Mom did the same with Isabella. In case they end up reading this years from now, they must know we love them equally. We just learned more of the little quirks and character traits of our respective baby. For instance, if Sofia is crying, the best solution is to rub her head. Incidentally, this is what anyone should do for me if you ever find me fussing. Truth be told, Mom rubbed my head every night until I fell asleep - until the night before I got married.
I digress. And embarrass myself. Nobody is allowed to bring that up in person. Or the fact that I still sleep with my baby blanket. Even on the airplane to Paris.
This is helping. I am distracting myself from just moping and being sad. I guess I will fill you in on today's action.
I did feed and burp Sofia. I changed her clothes. I helped give her a bath. I changed two more diapers - but not the bad kind. I guess Emma Grace will have to break me in on that. Thanks Sofie for giving me a little more time to prepare. Cristina, Melissa, Monica, Mom and I took the girls on their first shopping trip at Flat Irons Mall. They were awesome. Bargain shoppers in the making.

There was an assembly line going for bathtime. One washing, one holding, one drying, one lotioning, and one dressing. Forget what I said yesterday about it almost looking easy.
They both loved the warm bath water. They were asleep the whole time.
I know I have said many times that having all these babies around will make it easier to wait to have kids. Boy was I wrong. Quite the opposite in fact. I have got to get me one of these! Though nothing could possibly replace getting to see these girls regularly, at least I have a week-old neice to return to. Emma Grace, here I come.


Mom and Dad looking pretty ready for grandkids of their own.

Though Dad is trying to steal the attention in this one, look at Mom's expression. Hilarious.

The crew is headed home tomorrow. We will stop about halfway and be back home Friday.

1 comment:
Sarah and Crew,
Words were not necessary in the goodbye. Facial expressions said it all. I was very sad to see y'all go. But you should know how much the visit meant to us all. Sofie and Izzie (I like Bella better) bring too much pride to us not share with Family. Now its Nanas turn, then Papaw and crew. We will miss you guys. Thanks for coming and sharing.
Post a Comment