Thursday, July 17, 2008

mypunchbowl.com

I once attended a party where everyone was told to bring a dish. No other requirements, just bring something. We ended up with about three potato casseroles, one jello salad, and two desserts. While I do enjoy the crispy, buttery, cheesy potatoes, and I have never been known to turn down a dessert, the meal didn't quite jive with the Food Pyramid.

I have found potluck events are always so hard to plan. You email the list of what is needed, and four people want to bring dessert and one person offers to bring a jug of Chick-fil-A sweet tea. A mass of emails ensues to try to balance out the meal. Well, Andrea (from the band at church) introduced me to a wonderful website, mypunchbowl, that solves all of those problems. You can send save-the-date emails and invitation emails that include a checklist for the food and a message board. Ingenious.
This is a sample invitation.


I used this website to plan the Couples Game Night we are having tomorrow, and it worked flawlessly. The highlight of the evening is going to be the Newlywed Game, and the couple who knows each other best will win a restaurant gift card. They better get ready for a knock-down-drag-out-fight because this is the only way Andrew and I will be eating out in the next few months!
Any suggestions for which restaurant I should choose? I think it should be a place the couple wouldn't regularly go - more of a special occasion setting.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Do I have suggestions?? Let's see...Ye Olde Steak House, Copper Cellar, The Melting Pot. Or less expensive would be Litton's, Puleo's, Aubrey's. I could go on....

jpb43hogs said...

My suggestion, P. F. Chang's. We are taking our friends Bennie and Sarah Kerley there tomorrow night as they are leaving town for 2 month's.

Papaw

AReed said...

Hold on just one second there Sarah!!!! I believe that prize has our name written all over it! I believe Melting pot is calling my name..What do you think?;)

Mark B said...

Chuck-eeeee-cheeeese!!