Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My New Hideout


Anyone who hasn't ventured to the Powell Library must do so immediately.  Immediately after reading this post that is.  Ummm, please.  Pardon my demanding tone.  Trust me, you will not be disappointed.  I have been requesting books online all summer but just started actually going into the library to work this week.  I have been working on a research project for a couple of hours each day, and the large table in the back right corner has provided the perfect escape (with the exception of the random five-year old spontaneously reading aloud or the disturbed three-year old screaming, "I don't like you Old Lady" in the doorway).  Honestly though, it has really helped me to stay focused on my work without getting distracted by things like digital photos that need to be organized and ordered or unused blueberries in my refrigerator (which will hopefully be in my favorite muffins by the end of the afternoon).  The view from my table is so tranquil.  I am only rarely distracted by the leaves fluttering in the warm summer breeze.  And yes, it is now my table.  If I find any of you sitting there tomorrow, it just might be cause for some fightin' words.  

What is your favorite place to escape?  I promise I won't steal it from you.

3 comments:

Mark B said...

My favorite place to escape:
The mountains!

Sheila said...

Currently my favorite place is Tellico Lake on a boat going FAST!!

Anonymous said...

Mine is any beach, anywhere, anytime. I also love being at home more than just about anything! And of course Laurel, Mississippi, will always be a favorite.