
I can't even remember the last time Andrew and I went out to eat together. I really believe it is one of the worst ways to spend money, but tonight we decided to splurge a little - just for dessert. I cooked stuffed spinach pasta for dinner. It is a new recipe I was trying out for Mother's Day, and it definitely is a go. We also had some Pepperidge Farm five cheese garlic bread. It is absolutely the best garlic bread you can buy. Then we went to the Melting Pot for dessert. It did not disappoint. The dark chocolate fondue with a splash of raspberry liqueur was delightfully decadent. We finished every bite on the plate. That included strawberries, bananas, pound cake, marshmallows, brownies, rice krispies treats, and cheesecake. I ignorantly said when we sat down that we should eat it slowly to make it last - Yeah right! It was gone in no less than five minutes. (BTW, our plate was not nearly as full as the picture above.) We will definitely be returning here in the future. It is probably best as a special occasion restaurant because it is likely to bust the budget if you eat a full course meal.
So the big, fat, lazy nap I promised yesterday didn't happen, but the fluffy white blanket is calling my name right now...

3 comments:
I really must visit this wonderful place soon.
That's a favorite of ours too. Did you know that when you finish the plate if you have chocolate left over you can ask for more stuff? We usually get more strawberries and bananas...
What??? I can't believe I wasted that. I will definitely remember that for the future.
Post a Comment