2nd Period Juniors
3rd Period Juniors
4th Period Freshmen
I see students dealing with the loss of a parent, divorce, the effects of abuse, language barriers, drugs, unexpected pregnancy, parents' addictions and likely much more that I am unaware of. I also see students who have achieved their goals this year whether that be by just passing my class, raising their ACT score, or making the cut for PHS Singers. For some, summer is a time to go to the lake, sleep late, and hang out with friends. For others, it is just an opportunity to work more hours to help pay the bills. While I feel that I have made an impact with a few of them, I also see many faces that needed more from me. I vow to make next year better, to plan stronger, more engaging lessons, to be more compassionate, and to have hope for them even when nobody else does.

No comments:
Post a Comment