What? The camp has been full since Tuesday? And Nowis and Big Widge ah full too?
Back to Powell? To camp out at home? After the howas of pwepawation and packing?
Gweat. Sigh. Sounds like an adventuh.
I still think we should set up the tent in the backyahd.
(Milly can't say her r's. Come on, admit it, you know you have a voice for your pet too.)
Despite Milly's pleading for us to set up the tent in the backyard (actually it was my first brilliant Plan B), we just decided to spend the weekend at home with our primary purpose being to relax. The first thing we did was turn off our cell phones. Being the rebels that we are, we didn't even call to tell our parents the change of plans. (I only detected a minor bit of disgust when I told my mother the truth this morning.) I find it necessary to note that Andrew broke this policy by checking his voicemail once I was asleep Saturday night. He was probably missing his second wife, Kenny. Anyway, we also turned off the computer to keep us from playing on our new Facebook accounts.
We rented three movies from the $1 machines. We watched No Country for Old Men Friday night. I would recommend watching this one during the day. I told Andrew I was getting my exercise watching that movie because my heart rate was up nearly the entire two hours. Scary stuff. Saturday, after Andrew cooked me breakfast in bed, we watched P.S. I Love You which, I warn you, demands a considerable amount of tissue. Then I read Mudbound, a Southern fiction novel about a family farm in Mississippi right after WWII. It was a great summer read. We finished off the night grilling some chicken and watching Dan in Real Life. I really enjoyed this movie. Steve Carell is brilliant.
This picture brings back some pretty embarrassing memories of Andrew and I lighting the Advent candle at church when we were engaged. Despite this confused look on his face, he has since learned how to use one of these things. Andrew and I will never be seen lighting the Advent candle again, not necessarily because we refuse, but because we are probably on a list somewhere entitled "People Who Should Not Ever Be Asked to Light the Advent Candle Again."
This was one of my favorite weekends with Andrew. We are definitely going to plan more unplanned weekends where we isolate ourselves from the world. I actually think it ended up being better than if we had been able to camp at Cove Lake. After all, this was the view from our backyard Saturday night.

3 comments:
setting up account for MamaEse
Great! I'll be expecting lots of comments!
Me too!!
P.S. Am I the only one who has trouble copying the letters when you leave a comment??
Post a Comment