Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Culinary Delights

Shish Kabobs

Strawberry Cream Pie

Yes, I do have a lot of free time.  And, yes, I spent about 5 minutes taking each of these pictures.  Not that they are wonderful, but I am playing with all the settings on my camera: ISO settings, shutter speed, and depth of field.  It is amazing what all I can do with this camera that I haven't discovered in the two years I have had it!  I am learning the awful things a flash does to a picture.  I can't ever take a picture inside anymore because the lighting is so dim and the shadows are distracting. 

I just love having time to cook in the summer.  Like mom does, I save all kinds of recipes to try in the summer.  We made shish kabobs Tuesday, omelets with the leftovers this morning, fajitas and strawberry cream pie tonight, and homemade spaghetti and pineapple shrimp is scheduled for the next two nights.  Blueberries were on sale at Food City, so I am planning to make what is probably my favorite food of all time - homemade blueberry muffins - in the next day or two.  That will definitely be worthy of a blog post of its own, and if you're lucky I will even post the recipe. ;)  

Tonight Mama Ese came over to eat with us.  I have discovered that it is much more fun to have company when you don't stress about cleaning the house.  My floors were dirty from me coming in and out while planting flowers and pulling weeds today, but the company and the conversation were great.  I try to soak up everything she says.  She is such a wise, Godly woman.  And she thinks I am like Martha Stewart which is wonderful too (in terms of her cooking anyway).  

No comments: