Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sumpin Ain't Right

I'm not sure what's going on with me these days, but I am all out of sorts.  Today I woke up from my weekly Sunday nap to fold the clothes in the dryer only to realize I never even turned it on.  Just hours later I tried Pioneer Woman's apricot bar recipe, and it was a complete flop.  The flavors were fine, but the texture was all wrong.  Usually things like this are at least salvageable, but I had to scrape the whole pan into the trash.  

These mishaps may seem insignificant, but yesterday I made a much more significant mistake.  I totally forgot to pick up my race materials for the Knoxville 5K.  This was after receiving two email reminders, copying and handing out reminders to all my players, and even putting it on my to do list.  (Note to self: To do lists are no good if you don't look at them all day.)  I had absolutely no excuse for forgetting.  

Hoping the race organizers were a forgiving bunch of people, I arrived at the Convention Center at 6 AM this morning to see if I could pick up my stuff this morning, but apparently they are pretty serious about their Pre-Race Day Pickup.  There was nothing they could do.  

It was pretty embarrassing telling all my players and their parents about my idiot mistake, but I ran the race anyway and just cut out before the finish line.  Nobody ever noticed that I wasn't wearing a number.    

Aren't they a lovely bunch?  Go Powell Tennis!

Here's to a new week and a fresh start.  Monday, bring it on.

4 comments:

Mercer Family said...

You know, you can get pretty forgetful when you are pregnant??????????? Just saying! What are your thoughts on this Sheila? Mother always knows best!

Sheila said...

I thought EXACTLY the same thing but had made a promise to myself to knock off the pregnancy hints, so I was going to keep quiet!!!!!!!

Sarah C said...

Oh my! Should I just delete the dadgum post altogether?!? I should have known where that post would lead you all! We're not quite there yet, but hopefully it won't be too far away!

Sheila said...

Katie started it!!!