Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Lied

If I talked to you at church today and said I was ready to go back to school, I am confessing here and now that it was a lie - a big, fat, ugly one.  For some reason I often think that if I pretend to feel one way, eventually it will be true.  Well, this one just didn't work.  I have tried to tell myself all day that I'm ready for my normal routine, ready to see my students, and ready to plan my next unit.  And it ain't true.  Not one bit.

I want to leave the alarm off, keep working on my photography business, and lay on the couch with the windows open, blanket in hand in the middle of the day.  Please, just one more week!  

Sometimes I am annoyed when people act like being a teacher is the best job ever because of the breaks.  Moments like these remind me why they think that.  I can't imagine having a job without scheduled breaks throughout the year.  I just wouldn't survive!

Tomorrow's to-do list realistically needs about three days to complete, but it all needs to be accomplished tomorrow.  So, I'm gonna hit the sack and catch up on Brothers & Sisters later this week.  

P.S. The Bradford Pear trees in bloom make for a beautiful sight but a nauseating run.  How can something so beautiful create such an awful smell?  Ugh.

1 comment:

kp said...

I appreciate the effort. There is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying your own time on your own terms. You work very hard and are entitled to every second of vacation the Knox County taxpayers provide. BTW, I didn't even start on the essays. See you tomorrow.