Since Friday was Dad's birthday, I thought it fitting to ask him to get to work on our next home improvement project (part of a never-ending list). I mean really, what better way to celebrate one's 47th birthday than by laying tile?

Friday: Andrew and Dad scraped off the existing linoleum while Mom and I went to a party. Hey, give me a break, we did bring them Backyard Burgers for dinner!

Saturday: Dad laid the tile while Andrew did the cutting.

I had a last minute change of heart and went for a mocha colored tile instead of the multicolored slate. I like it better and it was cheaper - quite a rarity for me.

Sunday: We (yes, I helped for this stage) spread grout. Notice the area behind the stove that I never painted - and no Dad, I don't plan to do it now either!

Dad even came up with a fancy looking design for the floor! This was surprising coming from the guy who thinks green pants go with all green shirts.
We have lived in our condo for almost five years. The previous owners probably wouldn't even recognize it because so much has changed: new kitchen countertops, new kitchen sink and faucet, laminate flooring, new deck, painted kitchen cabinets with new knobs, and now tile flooring. We've done so much to this place that I'm going to have a hard time ever leaving it.

No comments:
Post a Comment