Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Black Bean Burger

Andrew and I are still trying to figure out the healthy living lifestyle.  Our exercise routine has fallen by the wayside as of late, but we're doing much better with our eating.  My favorite lunch these days is brown rice - it's filling without too many calories.  I make a big batch Sunday night, and it lasts all week.  I'm almost afraid to even say it, but Andrew realized the other day that neither one of us has been sick in months.  We went through the fall and winter without so much as a cold.  I'm guessing it must be because of all the fruit we've been eating.  An apple a day really must keep the doctor away!  Well, that and the fruit on the bran flakes and the fruit after dinner.  It usually works to keep the dessert cravings away, but I have to admit Andrew is on his way to Bruster's right now!  And that is precisely why I can't do diets.  Sometimes I just need my Bruster's fix.

It looks like a beef burger, but the nutrition facts prove otherwise.

Here is a recipe I tried tonight for a black bean burger.  I tried one for the first time at Oodles in Market Square and knew I had to find a recipe to make it myself.  Most of the ingredients are probably in your pantry, and the prep for it is really fast.  I threw some zucchini in the oven and roasted it to round out the meal.  This totally makes up for the Bruster's right?  I'm afraid I won't be checking the nutrition facts on that.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

One question: Was the lettuce just for the picture??

Sarah C said...

Believe it or not I actually eat stuff like that now! I have officially moved on from chicken fingers and ketchup. It helped keep this burger from being too dry.