Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Sea Salt Onslaught

I called Andrew at lunch today and told him I was making one of his favorite dinners - lemon shrimp pasta.  Much to my dismay, he never really gets excited about food - even warm cinnamon puffs fresh out of the oven.  This meal, however, is different.  

He didn't even complain when he realized it was wheat pasta...

Trying to be more economical, I only made half of a recipe - just enough for tonight's dinner - no leftovers.  Just as I was finishing my plate, Andrew was finishing preparing his.  (Sadly, this is not at all unusual.)  I knew there was trouble when I heard shouts of frustration coming from the kitchen.  Apparently the salt grinder malfunctioned and about half a cup of sea salt dumped out onto Andrew's plate of pasta.  I tried to come to the rescue by scraping it off with a fork.  Andrew graciously tried to eat it, but could taste nothing but salt.  Then, I really came to the rescue with my next solution:  Elidio's dollar pizza.  Thank goodness it is Tuesday!

It helped that I made his favorite Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits too.  (I scoop them out with a mini-ice cream scoop, so they are small, but you feel like you are eating lots!  You should try it.)

One of my favorite fruit salads (other than Mama Ese's of course).  Strawberries, grapes, green apples, and mandarin oranges - just like Chick-fil-A.

And I seem to remember saying no "drastic changes" in my healthy living post, so no mean comments about the cheesey, buttery, garlicky biscuits!

No comments: