Transcript of tonight's phone call:
Me: Hey MamaEse, it's Sarah.
MamaEse: I've been missing you.
Okay, so it's a partial transcript. I can't even remember what else we said because I kept replaying her first words in my head. I wish everybody in the world had someone that made them feel as special as MamaEse does for me. Is there a much better feeling than knowing someone loves you, misses you, and longs for your company?
Well, I called to see if I could come up (two streets up that is) for a long overdue visit. We swapped some stories, and I specifically asked about the ring below. Mom went through her jewelry this weekend and gave me the ring on the left that was originally MamaEse's, and she also gave me her own wedding band (as she has deservedly upgraded after 25 years).

I love that gold jewelry is becoming popular again!
I dressed up for school today just so I could wear these rings! MamaEse's fancy garnet ring demanded no less than a fancy black dress! I had MamaEse tell me all about the ring tonight. She bought it while in Venezuela on a business trip with Jim (her husband, my great-grandfather). She has had such an adventurous life, living all over the country and traveling all over the world. I love that I can now carry part of that with me.

5 comments:
I wish my mom would pass on some jewlery to me!! Love it and the story behind them is priceless!!
Sarah,
I think you need to post your recipes along with the pics of the food. It looks so yummy!
The previous post was Kristen, not Luke, he wanted to make sure you knew that!
Thanks Kristen! Good to hear from you. When is your next visit to K-Town?
We'll probably be coming in August. We're not sure of the exact dates yet, but it will be a while. Don't worry, we'll make sure and leave a night or two open for you guys!
Post a Comment