Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hope

This afternoon began with an engagement session - two people celebrating the most exciting time of their life so far.  It ended with a funeral - a family dealing with what will certainly be one of the most difficult seasons of their life.  I'm still processing the emotions I witnessed.  Despair, pain, and frustration juxtaposed against joy, bliss, and adoration.  The word I keep returning to is hope.  There is no reason to explain why my former student was afflicted with that relentless plague we call cancer, but the God I serve doesn't answer to me.  And he is bigger that all of those emotions.  Bigger than the despair, the pain and even the infectious joy of the blissful couple.  He is my hope.  

Click here to see more.

2 comments:

kp said...

They look so great but I'm selfishly hoping you keep your day job.

Sheila said...

I love the one in the middle of Gay street!