Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wanna go With?

Okay, maybe you won't be packing your suitcase or anything, but hopefully some of you will want to follow along on some of the exciting trips I have planned over the next year.  Depending on the IRS's level of generosity with our tax return, I hope to be taking a brand new MacBook along on three exciting vacations to document and blog my experiences.  

Isn't she purty?

First will be a girls' trip to NYC over Spring Break with two of my favorite people - Mom and Rachel.  Next up is a European excursion including Paris, London, Amsterdam and Bruges.  This trip is with school. (Read: this trip is really cheap!)  Finally, as soon as Andrew informed me that he would be graduating a month earlier than planned this summer, I began planning the summer vacation that we thought would be impossible because of our schedules.  We're heading to California for his cousin's wedding and to spend a few days with his family out there (and by out there, I mean Orange County!).  Then, we're going to rent a car, okay a convertible, and drive up the Pacific Coast Highway for a few days stopping to camp along the way!  Oh my goodness.  Can you just imagine?  The wind blowing in our hair.  Crystal clear views of the Pacific Ocean.  Okay, I better stop, or it will never live up to my expectations!

Somehow I just feel more alive when I'm traveling - the new experiences, the people watching, the food.  Oh, and ummm, the shopping!  I may not drive a fancy car or own a fancy house, but I sure am getting some experience traveling around the world.  I will not for a minute forget how  grateful I am that teacher pay is not being affected in these hard times.  And, hey, I'll be doing my part to stimulate the economy!


NYC: I can't wait for the boat ride around Manhattan Island.

Paris: Just the thought of chocolat chaud from Angelina makes my heart skip a beat.
London: I'm going to be in charge of the group that chooses to visit Shakespeare territory.  A little nervous considering the fact that I've never been before.  At least they speak our language though! 

Amsterdam: No, we will not be headed to that part of Amsterdam.  We will stick to the Van Gogh and  Anne Frank Museum.


Bruges: Supposedly the Venice of Belgium.  It, too, is built on canals.  Lets just hope there isn't a deluge that floods the streets like it did when I was in Venice.

The Pacific Coast Highway: Oh America.  Be still my heart.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like your in for a great time. Plenty of great photography opportunities. Can't wait to see images.

Sheila said...

How much was that European trip????? Those pictures sure look interesting! Maybe we could talk to Dad!!

The Adkins Family said...

Jessica and I drove the PCH a few years ago... it was as amazing as advertised!

The Adkins Family said...

Greg and I will cut corners everywhere else as long as we can continue traveling the world! Don't you just love it? And, the PCH could NEVER disappoint, no matter how excited you get about it!