Friday, January 16, 2009
"I Should Be An Arthur"
Because Knox County decided to excuse absences today, I have only 5 out of 32 students in my first period class. I had originally planned to go on with my lesson plans as scheduled, but once I saw the empty hallways, I knew that wasn't going to work. On the fly, I came up with an assignment. They are writing an essay in groups (for extra credit) to persuade the superintendent that school should have been cancelled today. As they work, I try to encourage them and give them a few suggestions. Apparently the enouragement is working. One of them just said, "Well, I should be an arthur." No, it is not a typo. And that, my friends, is why I teach. I love these kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have been questioning just why we ARE here today and finally got a good answer from an "unnamed administrator." He said it was good PR. The parents who wanted the kids to stay home got what they wanted and the parents who needed a babysitter for the day also got what they wanted. That explains why I feel like a babysitter!
Post a Comment