Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Nice Surprise


Milly looks just about as surprised as I was to find that school is closed today.  I was in the middle of slicing my strawberries over none other than ValuTime Bran Flakes when I heard a beep from my cell phone.  I knew instantly what that had to mean.  Rachel had texted me, and Mom had left me a voicemail to spread the good news.  Apparently I hit the sack a few minutes too early last night because I still woke at 5:30 AM to prepare for the school day.  The wonderful thing about waking up and showering so early is that I am energized and ready for the day.  After our already three-day weekend, the kitchen is clean, the laundry in done, so I'm going to be having some fun today.  I see bran flake muffins, Anderson Cooper, and a post-inauguration nap in my future.  See ya!

No comments: