Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sarah C. Photography


I really wanted to wait until everything was just right, but since my Photoshop expert couldn't come yesterday, I figured I would go ahead and show you my new blog.  Remember it is a work in progress.  I'm still unsure about the colors in the logo, and I can't figure out how to add one of my images, but this is what I have so far.  What do you think?  Do you have any color recommendations?  Ideas for further improvements?  If you were looking for a photographer, is there any other information you would need to know?  

I spent nearly two weeks trying to think of a name for this crazy project of mine.  Sarah McAffry Photography was just a mouthful.  I love my last name, but it didn't have that ring to it.  I woke up one morning with Sarah C. Photography in my mind.  I think it does have that elusive ring to it.  I thought it would be quite obvious what the C stands for, but I even had to explain it to Mom.  So, in case you haven't figured it out yet, it stands for my maiden name - which is now my middle name - Cole.  The website url that I wanted was already taken, so if you ever try to type it in, remember the dash...sarahc-photography.blogspot.com

If you or someone you know needs some photos taken, (family, maternity, engagement, children, Senior) please spread the word.  I do not want to pretend that I am a professional photographer (yet!).  I do, however, have some great equipment and with my photo editing tools, I can usually make some good-looking photographs.  

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I love your new blog and your name. It all looks great. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I think it's a perfect juxtaposition (I'm smart) between casual and formal with the script you chose for the logo. I love it and the site! It looks amazing. AND your pictures are so unique and find the very sweetest moments to capture. Let's put it this way...you're not using the old wagon wheel so many of us posed with at Olan Mills in the 80's. I'm really impressed Sarah. You're extremely talented.

Sarah C said...

Thanks! And Amy, you even used my favorite word to describe my logo. You can't imagine how happy that made me!

AReed said...

I think its great! I think Deep Browns or other darker colors for a background would look really nice against the blues you chose and the photos would pop really nice.. If I were looking for a photographer..I would probably want to communicate by phone..but thats just me..I guess most people now-a-days use email! Good Luck! I think you will do Great though! Your pictures speak for themselves!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you tonight! Love, Amy