Sunday, January 25, 2009

Disturbing Revelation

I have mentioned my iron deficiency issues here before, but lately I've had a few other ailments plaguing my now 25-year-old body.  If you've seen me in the last two weeks, you couldn't have missed the fact that I have a busted blood vessel in my left eye.  It's gross, hard to look at, and even worse, makes my makeup look sloppy.  In addition to that, I have to choose my foods carefully because the left side of my jaw won't open or close all the way.  It almost ruined our much anticipated Elidio's pizza dinner on Friday.  On top of all of that, I have a knot in my back next to my right shoulder blade that refuses to go away (1.5 weeks and counting) despite some painful massages from Mom and Andrew.  My disturbing realization came all at once.  As I was pondering why all this is happening at once, I realized, I just turned 25.  I have never been worried about or afraid of getting old, but if I'm getting a crash course in what it feels like to be getting older, I now officially declare myself worried and afraid.  Very, very afraid.

1 comment:

Mercer Family said...

I am praying for you and that the Lord will have mercy and you will have fast healing!