Warning: The first video is about 10 minutes long and the second is about 7 minutes long. If you followed our trip on the blog, you will have already seen much of this. There are a few new highlights though. I kept trying to cut stuff out, but I just didn't want to forget any of it. I guess if you were used to reading my wordy posts, though, this isn't much different. The first video is all about Paris, the second, Normandy.
Final Travel Tips:



- You see, you like, you buy. I followed this motto and haven't had any regrets.
- If you have the time to plan in detail, don't go with a tour group.
- Document daily; I would have forgotten many of the funny little incidents if I hadn't.
- Build in time for doing leisurely things like picnics and strolling along the Champs Elysees, and of course, taking pictures of yourself.
- Share your trip with those you love.
I made an effort at that last tip tonight. Mom, Dad, Matt, Papaw Johnny, and Mama Ese came over while I did my best to transport them to Paris. I made the famous l'Africain (hot chocolate) from Angelina after I found the recipe online. I followed the first recipe listed but added 1.5 tsp of confectioners sugar and 2 tbsp of cornstarch. It was surprisingly close to the real thing. I also made Ina Garten's summer pudding. Since you can't regularly find brioche around Knoxville, I made my own. It was quite a task but the end result was worth it. Plus, I got to use my new brioche pan. After our decadent treats, I narrated the above video for them. Then I gave Papaw some of my favorite butter cookies, Mama Ese a miniature Eiffel Tower and chocolate from Maison du Chocolat. MaryAnn was out of town, but she received a jar of herbes de Provence. She is quite the chef, so I imagine she will whip up some delightful yummies
with that.
Summer Pudding: Brioche soaked with strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. How could that possibly go wrong?
The table setting included a pitcher of hot chocolate and a bowl of whipped cream for every two people. I also had water ready for the novices. It is unbelievably thick and rich.
While most of us couldn't even finish our first serving, Mama Ese went back for seconds! She loves her chocolate. Apparently she has written an article all about le chocolat. I can't wait to read it.

1 comment:
Last night was really special and we thank you and Andrew for everything. I can't imagine anyone sharing more completely a special trip like that with their family. I would even like to hear more details and impressions as time allows. Love, Papaw
Post a Comment