Monday, July 6, 2009

KARM Project

I wish I could say I had been thinking for weeks about a way to use photography to do some good, but that's just not the case.  At one point I tried to join Celebrating Adoption, an organization that offers free photo sessions for families who have recently adopted, but they aren't accepting new photographers.  Unfortunately, that was really the last I thought about it.  

About two weeks ago, I was driving down the road and an idea that obviously wasn't my own popped into my head.  I would take credit for it if I thought I could, but there was no thinking involved.  It's like God opened this here brain and just set this whole project in there for me.  I didn't have to brainstorm, plan or connect any dots.  It came as a whole.  But I do need your help.

I'm so excited to be taking family pictures for the people living in KARM's Residential Recovery program.  I hope to provide each family with a framed 8x10 and a photo album of about 20 4x6's.  At first I thought I would do this on my own, but then I found out they house 18 families!  I went to Walmart today to estimate the cost of a good quality frame and album and altogether the cost should be about $20-25 per family.  If you are interested in helping with the cost, just shoot me an email at sarah@sarahcphoto.com.  The volunteer coordinator at KARM is working on the schedule right now, but it should happen sometime mid or late July.  

I know there are so many charitable organizations out there that you might already be committed to, so if you are unable to help financially, I would truly appreciate your prayers that this will be a meaningful and spirit-filled ministry.  I pray that God will reveal himself to each family through this small gift.

2 comments:

Amy Williams said...

I LOVE THIS PROJECT. These families will remember this act of kindness for the rest of their lives.

Shannon Kelley said...

Yay! You will have a great time! I did this a couple years ago for KARM on Mothers Day and it is an awesome thing! The families are so appreciative and you are giving them something they could never have! I am so glad you are doing this! I think I may have some frames and small photo books in my stash that are new...would you be interested?