
Last night we met some friends at Stardust Marina to listen to the Retroholics. This was me branching out into a different kind of live band - they've got nothing on Matthew Perryman Jones or Sara Watkins, but we had a great night with friends for sure.
This evening was the first of what I hope becomes an annual church picnic at Victor Ashe Park. What fun! If the storm hadn't chased everyone off, I'm sure the games would have gone late into the night.

I couldn't help but watch this little one with his first ever watermelon. Notice him looking a little timid here - just checking it out.

Now he's really sinking into it.

There's no turning back now.

Keep your hands off my watermelon!

Somebody please write this down. When I have kids I will need to be reminded that watermelon juice running down the neck and legs is okay. Just strip them down and remember that the look of wonder on their face upon discovering the watermelon is totally worth it.

Hello Mr. and Mrs. Kirkpatrick of Kirkpatrick's Corner. Stop by and say hello. Really. Leave a comment. We bloggers can't get enough of them.

The highlight of the evening was the pie throwing contest - one in the face of each of three pastors. Hooray for raising nearly $700 in a matter of minutes.

Here's a screen shot of my new blog.
I think I'm gonna keep the other one around instead of trying to merge the two so I can start fresh. The whole "story" thing started to really get on my nerves - probably a little cheesy. Y'all were so sweet to keep that to yourselves and not crush my attempts at creativity.
You may notice a bit of a price increase. This is due to better image quality (thanks to the new camera I'm purchasing tomorrow!) and better print quality now that I have upgraded to Smugmug Pro. If you know of anybody who was thinking of scheduling a session, I will honor my old prices through August 1 - so book fast! I'm trying to get as much in as I can before school starts up again. Let me know what you think about the new blog. There are a few things I'm not totally happy with, but it was a free template, so I can't ask for too much!

2 comments:
I love your new website! Should I start planning your retirement party now? I'm sure that Stephanie was elated about her pics. Thanks for the plug our blog. I bet you've been spending all afternoon toying around with your new camera :).
I think the new blog is wonderful!! There is no stopping you now!!
Post a Comment