One of Dad's coworkers brought him some fresh raspberries recently, and I don't know how he resisted eating them on the spot, but he handed them over to me for my baking pleasure - under one condition - that I bring him some of the product!

After perusing my stacks of cookbooks, I went with Williams-Sonoma's Fresh Raspberry Sour Cream Crumble Cake.

I was so excited to eat it that I didn't even get out my flash for the picture. And I don't regret it one bit. Totally worth the low quality picture. You'll just have to trust me.

I've been needing a reason to use the cheese knife I bought at the gouda cheese factory in Holland...

...and this recipe gave me the perfect excuse.
Penne with Two Tomatoes and Mozzarella is a super easy summer dish. Just cook the penne pasta reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid. Cook a pint grape tomatoes, 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, some garlic, and pasta water until the tomatoes soften. Add to the pasta with diced mozzarella and snipped chives. Salt and pepper to taste. Even better served cold the next day!

2 comments:
Any time you throw "crumble" into a dessert, you can count me in. So what do you love more, cooking/baking or photography?
The cake looks so good!
Post a Comment