I finally get to use my new carry-on. Ain't she purty?
And here's the paradox that is me. On the right a manilla folder labeled Mme McAffry including important travel documents for the group. On left, baby blanket.
First order of business after landing was to withdraw some pounds from the ATM.
We then headed to Covent Garden to get that money spent!
This open air market is full of entertaining street performers,
but even better is the bread selection. And we're not even in Paris yet! I had to use some serious self-control to hold myself back.
I'm really working on making myself try new dishes - especially since two meals a day are paid for by ACIS. Here is me going out on a limb - a grilled cheese sandwich.
Who's ever heard of haloumi cheese anyway?
I definitely went for the raspberries too. A large container here only costs 1.5 pounds (roughly $2). At home these would have cost about $8 and they aren't nearly as fresh.
I passed by this stand once, and circled the entire market to come back. The lemon mini-cupcake was delightful. I'm not normally a fan of icing, but it was light and airy. I will be working on this recipe as soon as I return!
Sadly, this is as close as I'll get to the Globe Theater (the white building hiding behind the trees.) Apparently, it is expensive and disappointing so we opted to forego the tour.
Angelique is our fabulous tour guide. I'm already impressed with how much she can cram into one day.
Mme Taylor. What can I say? I love her. And thanks for the free trip!
St. Paul's Cathedral. We'll have a more informative tour of it tomorrow.
Angelique loved telling us how the Milennium Bridge had to be fixed by a French engineer because the English couldn't get it stable enough.
You can't tell by their smiles how worn out they are. Many of them barely slept at all on the plane. Even I had trouble sleeping which is highly unusual.
We have learned to stay to the right so the busy natives can pass us tired tourists.
Though I'm not ready to say that London can top Paris, I will admit that I'm enjoying it much more than I imagined. I underestimated how much easier it is when you aren't dealing with a foreign language. Plus, the people here are just so nice. We never get strange stares or rude remarks even though we are often in the way and too loud.
I have noticed that there are no exit signs in the Tube. They all say "Way out." Strange.

4 comments:
Sounds like you're having a blast. Thanks for all the details so that we can travel vicariously through your blogs. Get some rest and tell Angelique I said "hello."
What a great recap of the day! Loved it. And I do love the paradox that is you!! if you have time check your facebook wall for French Open info.
enjoying this...thanks!
According to French Open announcers it is sunny and in the 70's in Paris. You are in for beautiful weather!!
Post a Comment