I don't know how much energy I'll have for those marathon posts this time around. Last year, we came back to the apartment nearly every afternoon for a quick nap. I don't think that is in the plans this time! So, just in case I don't get to fill you in on every step of our tour, I have the more detailed itinerary below. Knowing that my mom might be the only person to read it, just know that I will be at the French Open on Sunday - definitley a highlight of the trip!
Day 1: Traveling
- Depart Knoxville
- 45 minute layover in Detroit (with 20+ travelers - Yikes!)
- Redeye to Heathrow
Day 2: London
- Tour markets of Covent Garden
- St. Paul's Cathedral
- Big Ben
- House of Parliament
- Changing of the Guard
- Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
- Harrods
- West End Theater Performance
- Race under English Channel on Eurostar
- Stroll on Champs Elysees
- Mercure Paris Opera Garnier Hotel
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- Arc de Triomphe
- Eiffel Tower
- Versailles (I'm opting to take a small group to The French Open instead!)
- Musee d'Orsay
- Open afternoon (I'm thinking some serious Parisian hot chocolate at Angelina's!)
- Who knows? Unlike Paris, I know nothing about the history of this place.
- Oud Huis de Peellaert Hotel
- Visit Anne Frank's House
- NH Museum Quarter Hotel
- Rijksmuseum
- Explore Amsterdam (eeek! Not that part of Amsterdam!)
- Canal ride through the heart of Amsterdam
Day 10: Travel Home
- Hopefully in time to kiss my husband on our 5th anniversary.

4 comments:
Have a wonderful safe trip. Keep us posted as much as you can. I will be checking the blog hourly!! And hurry back home to us. Love, MOM
yay! how exciting!!! I meant to ask you the other day if this was the trip you were talking about leaving for!! Not sure if you ever have been to Amsterdam but, if not, it will definitely surprise you! It is actually my favorite city in Europe and "those parts" :) are actually something you have to look for...its not like that all over. anyways...have a GREAT time!!!
Looking forward to updates!!
I'm insanely jealous!!! Have a wonderful trip.
Post a Comment