Thursday, May 7, 2009

Looks Delicious

 Beef stir fry with asian veggies and brown rice.

This meal looks quite scrumptious if I may say so myself.  Don't let the picture fool you though.  I took it thinking I would be blogging about this great new meal I tried.  Well, turns out making up a recipe as you go and buying microwavable vegetables is not the best route to a tasty meal.  The beef had little if any flavor, the veggies were tough and the mini-corn was just too disturbing to eat.  Is it just extremely small corn, or is it something else entirely?  The jury is still out on that one.  I'm afraid Steamfresh vegetable bags are really too good to be true.  The brown rice, however, was great.  When I make it myself, it becomes a gooey blob of starchy goodness, but when heated in the microwave bag, it was an even better drier blob of starchy goodness.  The rice is definitely the only part of this meal that deserves repeating.  Hopefully our Mother's Day dinner and brunch this weekend will fair better than this!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

LOVE LOVE the new header. My favorite ever.

AReed said...

Ha..My kids wouldn't eat veggies when I cook if they weren't steamed in the microwave.. They are always very soft..and the corn is very good to me?? I usually press on the bag before I open them though to make sure they are done.. But you are talking to the queen of the microwave here.