Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rained In

Since I was shut-in Friday night, Mom brought me a movie to watch - Boy in the Striped Pajamas.  On my.  A tragic film, but a must-see.  If I ever get to teach Elie Weisel's Night, I hope to use this in my classroom.

Andrew and I were planning to have a date today, but with the non-stop rain, we just wanted to stay home.  We ended up renting Doubt from Redbox.  Gotta love those $1 dates!  We even rearranged the furniture so we could actually sit on the same couch.  I enjoyed a warm cup of cappuccino and one - or a couple or three - of Mom's homemade cinnamon rolls while we listened to the rain through the open window.  (Yes, I am still refusing to turn on the air.  Still a few weeks before that should be necessary!)  The movie was great.  We love trying to figure out movies like that.

Tonight, I got to enjoy a chick-flick with the girls in the band.  Michelle hosted us for a wonderful evening to watch Bride Wars.  I haven't laughed that much in a long time.  Terribly entertaining!  I'm hoping for a sequel.  Maybe Baby Wars?  Or how about Pregnancy Wars?  The movie reminded me just how much I enjoyed planning my wedding.  All those stacks of Bride magazines.  Calendars.  Checklists.  So much fun!  One of my friends needs to get married so I can help plan theirs!  Anyway, the movie was good, but the company ever better.  I so love spending time with these girls.  We need to do it more often!

The rain didn't - 

Interruption:  Oh my goodness!  Justin just proposed to Rebecca on Brothers and Sisters!  Yay!  Maybe I can at least watch them plan their wedding!

Okay, so the rain didn't keep me from having an incredible weekend, but I would like to have some more days like this sometime soon!  Preferably tomorrow so District Tournament won't be postponed.  

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Don't I at least deserve a "mom and I" planned my wedding!!!!!