Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Show

Since Andrew over at Sports and Stuff isn't really keeping y'all updated, I catch you up to speed on the sports happenins in the McAffry household.  Andrew mentioned the other day that he would like for me to like baseball.  I promptly began asking him all about the Braves' players.   Realizing that I couldn't handle all the information he was spitting out, in true Sarah style, I began taking notes.

Above is a baseball diamond with players names placed in their proper position.  I have also included some facts to help me remember them.

After watching a game with me on Saturday, Andrew may very well be regretting ever mentioning this to me.  Each time I heard a player's name, I had to mention anything I knew about them.  

Announcer: Brian McCann with a quick throw to first base.  (Okay, I'm making this part up.  Just go with me.)
Me: Oh yeah, Brian McCann.  Been with the Braves four years.  A three time All-Star.
Announcer: Fly ball to Jeff Francoeur.
Me: Jeff Francoeur.  Right fielder who married his high school sweetheart.  I like him.
Announcer: Chipper Jones with his second homerun of the night.
Me:  Chipper Jones.  Third baseman.  Leading hitter in The Show in 2008.  Hey, what ever happened to that guy who came up to bat to a Twila Paris song?

I may not know baseball, but I sure know my baseball movies.  Only novice baseball fans call it the Major League.  Much like Crash Davis and Ebby Calvin LaLoosh in Bull Durham, I know that we hip baseball fans call it The Show.  Even if my knowledge of the game isn't too impressive, I think I can fool anybody when I call it The Show.  Whattayathink?  Wouldn't I fool you?

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Loved that!! But sorry honey you are not fooling momma!!