
Wow. Hosting two dinners with no hot water was quite an experience - one that my sink hasn't quite recovered from! In both families, I am the only non-mother female, so I always want to host. Otherwise, I could totally see the mothers trying to work on their special day. In fact, Susan and my mom both had to be told several times, "No, there is nothing you can do. Just relax!" It's not a natural thing for them to sit back and let somebody else take care of them.
Somehow, I didn't get any pictures of Sunday's brunch - definitely not because I scarfed it down in 2.3 seconds. No, I'm definitely not a fast eater. Never been accused of that in my life. Nope. Never. Anyway, just close your eyes and imagine with me.
The menu consisted of mini-bran muffins (because no meal would be complete without some ValuTime Bran Flakes!), spring salad, spinach bacon quiche, and fried potatoes with vidalia onions. I'm totally embarrassed at how short I was on the potatoes. Each person had about 3 tablespoons worth of potatoes. Apparently, I'm so used to cooking for two that I have no idea how to prepare for that many people! I think the strawberry shortcake (using Ina Garten's honey vanilla pound cake) made up for it though. Luckily there were leftovers of the dessert which I will consume nightly throughout the week. Sometimes having a husband who refuses to eat leftovers has its perks!

2 comments:
Sarah thank you so much for including mom and grandma. They were both so excited and that is all they could talk about that night I called them. They loved your hospitality and obviously that great cooking. Thank you so much again and also making it easier for me knowing I couldn't be there to celebrate with them. Just knowing they had somewhere and something to do helped so much. Love ya girl!
We so enjoyed having them over. Hope you enjoyed your last Mother's Day as mother of two! Can't wait for number three!
Post a Comment