I have never been more aware of the perks my job offers. For starters, I'm leaving for a 9 day, free tour of Europe in 12 days. Add to that a two month break just around the corner, and check out these pictures from our free meal at Sunspot tonight courtesy of Aubrey's Restaurant. Ironically, I won the complimentary dinner for two at a meeting for new teachers last week. Thankfully, they let the mentors enter the raffle too!

When the waiter explained that we could order two appetizers, two entrees and two desserts, he also said we could take anything we couldn't eat home with us. So we left with five takeout boxes!

With it being free and all, we decided to try some new things. The hummus was delightful, but being the bread-lover I am, I thought the pita bread was the best part.

Andrew went for the grilled steak burrito that he said was more like burrito pot pie. He wasn't expecting the potatoes and peppers inside. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that they went light on the beef at a primarily vegetarian restaurant.

My Mediterranean pasta was good but a little bland. I could have used some more roasted red pepper. Don't get me wrong, though, I will be eating those leftovers!

The mango mousse may or may not have been inhaled -errr eaten already...

And, of course, Andrew ordered his standard - cheesecake.
Thanks Aubrey's for providing two, three course meals at a whopping total of $10. I don't know if I can speak for both of us, but I hope to head back to Sunspot again soon!

2 comments:
Question:
Do you guys ever get funny looks taking pictures of all of your food? I wonder if people think you guys have come in from the hills and it's your first time in a real restaurant. :)
True story... I was in a Mr. Gatti's when I was about 11 and this family came in who had never been to a pizza place before. The manager had to come out and explain how the buffet worked. At the end of the night, they were so excited with their new discovery, they asked to have their picture taken in front of the buffet. With a polaroid camera. Awesome.
Hilarious. I would be too afraid of attracting attention to take these in the actual restaurant! I staged these on my kitchen table!
Post a Comment