Sunday, December 14, 2008

Reminiscing


Lindsay, Me, and Brittany

It all started in Mrs. Hicks' kindergarten class at Powell Elementary School.  Who'd have thought we would still be best friends 20 years later?  We have had some great times together.  From rec league cheerleading to spring break trips to midnight car painting, we are never short on memories to reflect upon. 

The best thing I can say about these girls is that I feel like my true self when I am with them.  Like I can just completely let my guard down and be me.  I think it is rare to find lasting friends like this.  I love that we are all very different people - different styles, different opinions - but our shared life experiences will bind us forever.  It is kind of strange that now we all hold coaching positions: Lindsay with Clinton Middle basketball, Brittany with Carson Newman cheerleading, and me with Powell High tennis.  I guess you could say we all have a need to be in control of something!

I'll leave you with some pictures from our past.  (I don't think they read my blog, so hopefully they won't kill me for this one...)

We have been through some really bad hair together.

At a high school basketball game and not one of us is in orange.  Can you tell what we were concerned about?  Meghan (front right) was also apart of most of our high school experiences.  We have since lost touch, but miss her dearly.

At Campaigner Weekend with our Young Life leader.

Spring Break in Destin.  Thanks Mom for putting up with us and for letting us drive your Land Rover!

At Young Life's Pioneer Plunge (where we went without plumbing or electricity for three days).  And yes, if you saw me today at the grocery, I was wearing the same jacket I'm wearing in this picture from 7 years ago.

The best bridesmaids ever.  Mom will forever be grateful to Brittany for distracting me from the hole she burnt in my veil.  Betcha can't tell which one of us is most outgoing!

Here's to many more special memories.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Great pictures!! I thoroughly enjoyed reminiscing right along with you. And thanks for reminding me of MY worst memory ever...the veil.

Sheila said...

Oh yeah, just remember it was my veil first! Cause that makes me feel a little bit better...