Sunday I took a few pictures of Dad's whole side of the family for my grandparents' Christmas present. There are 18 of us in all.

Yes, that is me in the picture. I set the camera on the tripod on self-timer mode, clicked the button and ran to get in the picture. I'm afraid I distracted little Lucy. That's why she is looking off to the side.
I learned something about my style of photography yesterday. (By the way, thanks for pretending with me and letting me act like a real photographer. It makes me feel creative and artsy.) So, I really don't enjoy taking posed pictures. At all. I totally understand the purpose of a picture like that. I'm sure my Mamaw and Papaw will love it. But if it was up to me, we would have been spread out and everybody would have been standing a little differently. Holding hands here. Arm around a shoulder there. Sitting on a log in this corner. Leaning on the fence in the back.

This is much more to my liking.

As the first great-grandchild, Lucy Kate is deservingly at the center of everyone's attention.

This picture does not do her eyelashes justice. You just wouldn't believe me if I tried to describe them. Perfection.

Poor Mattie had to shave his four-month beard to work at UPS over Christmas break. And the whole reason for growing it out was for his ski trip to Denver. He might be a little more devastated than he is letting on. (Mom, I hope I didn't just steal one of your blog posts!)

4 comments:
Matt is coming skiing in Denver?? Sweet!! When?
That is a pretty, pretty baby!
Um. Yes. Well, actually only half of a post! I was going to steal your bearded picture,and I have the clean-shaven picture over at Blessings in Disguise!! Posting later tonight. Trust me there is not a smile in that one. Although mom is smiling ear to ear!!!!!!
Is that Matt? I thought that was Jebediah, the guy who sells me amish country apple butter whenever I drive through Pennsylvania.
Post a Comment