
Oh how my heart laments your absence. Whatever will I do to survive the hallways of Powell High School without you? The loss of your effervescent spirit has left a noticeable hole in the soul of our school.
Even if you might have guilted me into dedicating a blog post to you, Amy, you know that things just aren't the same without you. As I stood across the hallway from your old classroom at the beginning of the semester, I watched disappointment wash across many a student's face as they realized you had left. And faculty meetings are totally boring without your comical interruptions. Nobody else has the guts to call people out in front of the whole staff anymore.
Even though your crazy antics almost sometimes just might make be a bit uncomfortable (I don't have to remind you about last night, do I?), your presence is magnetic. People just love being around you, myself included. Without you I don't even have anyone to eat lunch with. In fact, I would be embarrassed for anyone to see me eating my boring lunch alone as I sit in front of my computer screen checking email and reading blogs. Chatting with you for a quick 25 minutes was such a wonderful part of my day. Not to mention all the problem solving you helped me with. Now Rachel is stuck being the person I cry to when I am upset at school.
I know my Mom hates that you aren't there anymore too. She always told me to go to you when I needed advice, and your wisdom never failed to guide me down the right path. You were the best mentor teacher I could have ever wished for, and I still think back to your teaching strategies as I struggle to do better with my 2nd period class.
Perhaps the thing I have learned the most from you though is the way you love your husband. When we first met, that was the defining trait I noticed about you. I was lucky to meet you in the early years of my marriage because you showed me how important it is to lift Andrew up even when he is not around. Sometimes us wives tend to rag on our husbands when we get together, but I have never heard you participate in that kind of talk. Kirk is so lucky to have you, and I am lucky to call you friend.
Lets not let it be another four months until we hang out again. I can bribe you with lemon cake or cheddar bites if I have to...
(For identification purposes, this is the Amy who is one of the few regular commenters on my blog.)

1 comment:
Although I'm happy to fill the workplace void, I know you miss her. She really is refreshing to be around. What do you think it would take to convince her to come back? Maybe a t-shirt campaign "Bring Mrs. Williams back" or "Come back Amy." Perhaps if she would just podcast during faculty meetings that would help a little?
Post a Comment