Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Running Update

My Running Hope campaign has raised $215 so far.  How exciting!  That's over 40% to my goal of $500.  I have about 4 weeks left.  If you are able and would like to assist families in the adoption process, go here.  Thanks to all of you who have already contributed and to those of you who are considering it.

Tonight Rachel and I were scheduled to run 9 miles.  It ended up being about 8.5, but after running nearly 2 hours (a little slower than usual), we were at our limit.  It really felt good though - in a painful, I can barely move kind of way.  We were supposed to run 9 last week, but with the Photo Exhibit, an evaluation by my principal, and Catalyst, I just was mentally worn out.  We ended up running 6 and walking the last 2.  Tonight I was much better prepared for our long run after having a normal, uneventful week.  We still have about 5 weeks before the race though, so we're happy with where we are.  Next week, our week-long Fall Break I might add, we are running Cades Cove - 11 miles.  Last time I counted deer to keep my mind occupied.  I'll keep you waiting on pins and needles to find out how many deer I count this time!

Tomorrow I'll return with more Catalyst recaps.  Yes, there is still more to share!

No comments: