Sunday, October 5, 2008

Catching Up


I haven't downloaded pictures lately, so I have been a little behind in my blogging.  I'll fast-forward through the past few weeks.  

Rachel and I sponsor the Beta Club at school, and these are some photos of our induction ceremony.  
I love working in the same building with one of my best friends.  I couldn't do much of what I do without her...running, Beta Club, staying sane...

The poor inductees have to recite a pledge that I don't even understand.  All I remember is that one line says something about the "master of might."  Are you kidding?

For Homecoming week, each homeroom decorated their door around the theme "Mash the Mavericks."  Can you guess which is mine?  The halls looked awesome and really promoted school spirit that week.  My favorite was Senior Hall.  They did a black-out of the entire hall.  So intimidating!


We celebrated several family birthdays including Matt's 23rd.
  
What a cool cuff you have there Matt!  Your favorite sister has such good taste!  (These cuffs would make great Christmas presents.  Check them out here.)

Andrew and I went camping this weekend at Cove Lake.  Some people wonder why we pack up all that gear just to sleep outside in 40 degree weather and get dirty.  It's not really that I like being cold all night or feeling grimy all day, but it forces me to relax and not to cram thirty things in one day.  It was a much needed and appreciated break.

Andrew has a bit of an obsession with campfires.  Our site looked like this all day - even when it was 80 degrees.  I caught our neighbors giving us a few strange looks.

If he wasn't poking around in the fire, he was watching football.

I guess this doesn't really classify as roughing it.

Milly was such a good sport.  Pun intended.

This week promises to be full of excitement as well, so stay tuned.

Thanks to those of you who are considering or have already contributed to my Running Hope fundraiser.  My goal is to raise $500 in the next seven weeks before the Oak Ridge half-marathon.  I am confident that we can do it!  

1 comment:

kp said...

What a fun weekend! I thought of you all when we were sitting outside by the fire pit Friday night and it was like 45 degrees. The pic with all the smoke made me laugh out loud.