Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Audrey

You just aren't allowed to be seven years old already!

Dear Audrey,

I will never forget the first day I met you.  You were only three days old.  I may have not officially been your aunt, but I instantly fell in love with you.  Your Uncle Andrew, however, was pretty nervous to hold you.  Just when he started to get comfortable, you let out quite a rumble from your diaper, and he jumped up so fast he nearly dropped you.  Don't worry - I jumped at the chance to hold you again.  Even at three days old, you were already quite the jokester!

I love your dual natures: bride one minute...

...softball player the next.

I'm glad you always enjoy photo shoots with Aunt Sarah.  (Disclaimer: She directed this photo--totally a joke.)

I love how you don't confine yourself to any kind of traditional mold.  I can't classify you as a girly girl or a tomboy.  You are the perfect balance of both.  Within the span of 30 seconds today, you were posing for pictures with glitter on your face and perfect curls, then you were hocking a big one in the yard.  Too bad I didn't get a picture of that!  

I am so proud of the young lady you are becoming.  Thank you for being my first niece.

Much love,

Aunt Sarah

Maddie, you better just slow down little girl.  You're growing up a little too fast for my liking too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The girls are beautiful and they have a real sweet aunt!
Love, Amy