Rachel and I took the boat out early before the guys came up. She amazes me. She can do it all. I, on the other hand, can't and don't really want to try. She actually thought she could talk me into driving the boat so she could ski. Are you kidding me? It took me three hours in 90 degree heat just to get in the water--and that was only after we were a safe distance from what I'm sure are snake-infested shores. Poor Andrew had to stay within 36 inches of me while I was in the water. I spare you the details of the time my cousin almost drowned me in our pool (while the rest of my family laughed at what must have been an amusing sight) and the time I got trapped underwater in the ropes from the inner tube. Suffice it to say I get a little nervous around the water.
The girl who can do it all trying to be patient with her friend who can't.
We rushed back from Norris Lake to get ready and be at the Marriott for the 5:30 wedding. It was by far the most emotional wedding I have ever attended. I don't know Amanda that well but am looking forward to some couples game nights in the future. I have known Chuck since 1st grade when he had a rat-tail and a perm. I can only get away with writing that because I know he doesn't read this! Anyway, after Ty Mathews' poignant words about the church as the bride of Christ, Chuck and Amanda exchanged vows with each other and then with Camden, Amanda's son. Add this to the still 90 degree heat, and you get me with a sweaty-teary mess of a face.
What a good-looking pair!
As if exchanging vows with Camden wasn't enough, Chuck danced with Camden to Brad Paisley's "He Didn't Have to Be." I looked at Angelina like, "Surely they aren't going to make us watch this." I finally had to ask Chuck if we were finished with all the stuff that was going to make me cry because I only had traces of make-up left on my face!

No comments:
Post a Comment