Sunday, August 17, 2008

Born and Born Again


During our drive to Maryville this morning, Andrew and I observed first-hand why the Smokies are the Smokies.  I wish I had a picture of it, but I wasn't thinking of it at the time.  The fog around the foothills of the mountains was breathtaking.  Beautiful.  The day only got better from there as we celebrated Emma Grace's baby dedication and Audrey's baptism.

Not surprisingly, we were about 20 minutes early so I walked around taking a few pictures of the church.

The sweet man holding the door practically ran inside when he saw me taking pictures.  I'm guessing he was a little camera shy.

This girl loves her Uncle Andrew.

I swear this wasn't even posed.

My favorite moment of the day was just after we sat down in the church.  It was just Russ, Audrey, Andrew and me, and Audrey reached for the Bible in the pew.  She asked Andrew to find John for her.  He did, and she immediately found John 3:16.  She traced it with her fingers as she read it.  She knew exactly what her decision meant, and she got her heart ready for it by diving into the Word.  She truly ministered to my heart today.  Praise God for this little girl.

The whole family showed up to share in the big day.

The poor thing looked terrified staring out at the congregation.  Y'all know how I feel about water, right?  I'm quite positive it just wouldn't be a pretty scene for me to baptized this way.  Man, I'm glad I'm Methodist!

Getting ready for Emma Grace's turn.

Notice Russ's strong-hold of Jake.  He had been dancing around the front of the church while sucking his thumb.  Seriously, what was up with all the attention on the girls today?  He needed a moment in the spotlight.

You would not believe the cheeks on this baby.  Luscious.  Kissable.  Irresistible.

The Hotel Alcatraz shirt made me a little nervous.


We can't forget about Maddie.  Her baby sister should arrive in the next few weeks.  She is getting some good practice with Baby Emma.

No comments: