Saturday, August 9, 2008

Crazy Bowl

Our new small group is on the third week of Beth Moore's Jesus, the One and Only. We have scheduled a girls' night out once a month until the end of the year, and last night was the first. Tamara had never been to Big Ed's Pizza so that was an obvious choice. I'm the only one who ate four pieces, and I didn't feel a bit guilty about it. Since Andrew was out of town, I thought I should honor him by eating about a third of what he normally consumes at Big Ed's. If you have never seen him in action at this place, just trust me, it is a sight to behold.

It will go against every urge in your body, but make sure you let it cool for a few minutes or your mouth will be charred for days.

The next stop was the bowling alley. For some reason, regular bowling just isn't exciting enough for my friends. This is the second time that our bowling outing has ended with "Crazy Bowl." Sounds fun right? Yes, until three of your students walk in the door pointing at you. I just might be blackballed from my small group because I refused to do the chicken dance bowl with my audience of former students. Just couldn't do it. I did, however, participate in tight-roll bowl, upside-down bowl, grapevine bowl, running-man bowl, spin-around-3-times bowl, and pretty bowl. Those of you who know me well know how out of my comfort zone I was with each of these. It took a little convincing, but I had a blast.

Really, how much would it cost to purchase a pair of bowling shoes?  I'm thinking it might be worth it.


The tight-roll: Perhaps one of the worst fashion trends ever as it makes everyone - no matter how thin - look like a balloon.  Notice I didn't actually take pictures of a whole person, just the feet.  They would have never posed for another picture.

Trying to catch my balance after a spin-around-3-times bowl.

As you can see, we are very serious competitors.

Guess who came up with grapevine bowl?  Yours truly.  It's the only thing I can do on a dance floor.  Gotta love the Electric Slide.

Somehow these two even made the running man bowl look cute.


Quite possible the best thing about cosmic bowling.  Wear white and your ghostly pale legs that actually made someone say, "Oh my, you are pale!", will look incredibly tan.

No comments: