- After mentioning several times on this blog that I think eating out is a waste of money, I must confess that I have eaten out four times in the last week. Last Friday, Rachel's parents treated us to Bravo's Italian after we decorated for her husband Jason's surprise party. I am not ashamed to say that I ate more than my share of bread, an entire plate of spaghetti and then half of the chocolate dessert. Mmm mmm. Delish. The next night was Jason's 30 birthday bash at Nama. Rachel went all out, so I thought I owed it to her to at least try the sushi. Well, the fried version. It was surprisingly tasty. Fried soy joy with cream cheese. I definitely see more of that in my future. Monday, Andrew called me at lunch to tell me he was taking me out to El Chico's for dinner. This might not sound like a big deal, but we never do that, so I was really excited. He knew just what I needed...it was a rough day. Then last night, Mom and Dad took the whole family to P.F. Chang's because Matt moved back up to ETSU today. He'll probably be in town almost every weekend, but hey, it was an excuse to celebrate! Anyway, I'm afraid I have been spoiled in the last week. Looks like this week it's back to normal though.
- I have been conspicuously silent about school starting back up. PHS has seen some changes, and I am trying to adapt. To be completely honest, I have spent several lunch breaks looking for job offers. These have been the most challenging two weeks of my career. I have never prayed harder about my job. God has revealed to me that this is where I am supposed to be though. I am leaning on him to pull me through.
- I will leave you with some family pics. It is a big night for the McAffry's. My sister-in-law Morgan is in labor as I write. I hope to have pictures up tomorrow.

Two of my favorite subjects.

Nana getting some sweet baby time.

The day just isn't complete without some roof ball.

We had to sneak Andrew out of the house before the kids noticed he was gone. Can you tell they enjoy their Uncle Andrew?

I love it when they don't look at the camera! Melissa knows me well.

Maddie is staying with Nana and Gaga tonight while Mom and Dad are at the hospital.

"But I'm ready to see her NOW!"
This girl will always be the boss. The others never had a chance.

"You mean I'm going to have some competition?"


1 comment:
Can I get a roof ball video?
Post a Comment