Thursday, March 20, 2008

McAffry Madness

I guess it's usually a bad sign when you laugh longer at your joke than anyone else, but maybe you will think it was funnier than Andrew did.  So I called him when I was on my way home from church tonight and told him I missed him, couldn't wait to be home, blah blah blah and then said, "Well, I'll see you in a few minutes."  Apparently I had forgotten he was going to Kenny's house to watch basketball because he was going to watch the next half and then come home.  So, I whined for a minute and Kenny said, "But it's March Madness!"  I responded with, "Well, it's about to be McAffry Madness!"  I got really tickled and Andrew said, "You're funny sometimes."  Was this one of those times?  I'm not sure he thought so....

I guess March Madness for me means time for Spring Cleaning because I couldn't care less about brackets, records and Jim Rome.  I love the feeling of cleaning things out and getting organized, but I hate the pile that you are always left with.  Though I always swear I will never do it again, I am having a garage sale in April with a bunch of friends to get rid of some of that stuff.   

In case you are wondering, I organize my shirts by sleeve length, then type of material (lightest to heaviest), then color!!  I have spent a surprising amount of time determining the best possible method!

This is the pile of stuff to get rid of.  Now Andrew's job is to go through the attic.  I am surprised at how much we have already accumulated over four years.

Another part of my spring cleaning to-do list was to work on my car.  Today I (and mostly my wonderful dad) washed and waxed my car.  The last time I waxed a car was about a week after my mom surprised me with my first car, a beautiful hunter green Jeep Grand Cherokee.  I had forgotten how much better it makes a car look.  (Thanks Rachel for the inspiration!)  If it wasn't dark outside, I would take a picture so you could see how shiny she is!  Lucky for Andrew, I think I'm going to be okay with driving the old Camry for another five years!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Sometimes the way your brain works is sooooo amusing to me. That organization thing......who knows where you get that from. All I know is I spent the better part of the day cleaning my floor. Some of it on my hands and knees. So I read a book tonight for hours completely guilt free!!!!