Thursday, March 27, 2008

Beta Club Trip

This is one of the best groups of 21 teenagers I could possibly be responsible for.  Even so, I am completely worn out from our trip to Nashville from Monday through Wednesday.  We go every year for State Convention to elect state officers and to compete in academic competitions.  We had three students place in the competitions.  Some of you blog readers might know Allison Henry who won first place in the Creative Writing Competition for the second consecutive year.  Her story was beautifully done!  

We always stay at the Opryland Hotel, and while I've always thought the atriums are gorgeous, the rooms have always left a bit to be desired.  This year, however, their rooms (at least on the 4th floor in the Delta section) have been updated with a more modern style and wonderfully comfortable beds.  I highly recommend a stay here for a quick weekend getaway.  Just remember to bring your comfortable shoes; I always forget how much walking you do here (not to mention the walk to Opry Mills)!  

Truly, I shouldn't complain too much because all day today I felt like it was Monday, but tomorrow is Friday!!  Yeah!  Sunday at 7:00 I will be running the Knoxville half-marathon.  Stay tuned for pictures.




No comments: