
Hello from my couch and my new laptop! I'm afraid I may never leave! And get used to these narcissistic pictures of myself because I just can't make myself go through the whole scanning process when I can just take a picture while sitting on the couch!
I have such a great story to share today. It actually starts with a confession. I have mentioned that Andrew and I sponsor Nigusu through a Compassion project in Ethiopia. I love writing to him, looking at his picture on the fridge, and thinking about him. Over the last few months, though, I was not really in prayer for him like I should be. Compassion makes it really easy and even gives you a picture to put on the fridge as a reminder, so I have no excuse. Exactly ten days ago, I decided to use his picture as a bookmark in my Bible to serve as a daily reminder to be in prayer for him, his project, and his country. Just this morning as I was looking at his picture, I thought, I wonder how he has changed since this picture was taken? And whaddayaknow? I opened the mailbox today to find a new picture of Nigusu!
I don't know why I am still surprised when God works like this, but I love when his presence is undeniable. Sometimes he moves in whispers and shadows, but today it felt like thunder.

2 comments:
ohhhh...did you get a macbook by any chance...I'm in love with mine and often refer to it as my 2nd child:) I love Compassion!! We'll definitely have to get together...I had a grand idea for us:)
Yes...It is a macbook! I'm looking for a case for it so I can take it with me everywhere! Can't wait to hear about that idea you have...
Post a Comment