Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jake's Birthday

Last weekend we celebrated Jake's fourth birthday.  He had quite a day and couldn't care less about the presents.  Okay, maybe it was just that he didn't care about the clothes I got him. After four neices and one nephew, I don't think I have ever bought anything but clothes for birthday and Christmas gifts.  I get overwhelmed in the toy aisles, but for some reason feel right at home in the clothing department.  Melissa prepared quite a meal including regular chili, white chili, grilled hotdogs, and Spiderman cupcakes.  I'm afraid she's setting the bar a little too high for my comfort.

What's up with all this princess stuff?  I'm outta here.


His face is a dead-giveaway that he did not have permission to be eating this - and being the kind of aunt that I am, I saw it best to snap a picture and let him enjoy the moment.

I hate that I didn't get a better angle on this picture.  Pure joy on both faces.      

Check out those baby blues, and don't miss the two teeth barely peeking out.  P.S. How beautiful is my sister-in-law?

Audrey and Maddie were busy preparing a play for us, so I didn't get any pics of them.  Oh how I wish I had one to document Audrey's frustration when the audience mistakenly assumed the play was over and began to laugh and clap.  Apparently, it was not a comedy, so the laughs were not appreciated.  Katelyn is M.I.A. because she cried every time I put the camera to my face.  We're going to have to work on that because I don't know how to be around these kids without my camera.

All five of the kids were sick this week with a variety of illnesses:  strep throat, ear infections, and scarlet fever.  I think they are all on the road to recovery, but word is still out about the moms...

No comments: