Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

I totally don't have an excuse for not posting this yesterday since I had the day off, but I can say that I am caught up on all the DVDs in MamaEse's drawer!  Waitress was quirky and cute.  Sense and Sensibility does no wrong, and Rumor Has It was 90 minutes of mindless entertainment.  (Side note: Slumdog Millionaire is a must see.  I saw it a few weeks ago and keep forgetting to mention it.  Beautiful filmmaking.  Dynamic, memorable characters.  You'll still be thinking about it weeks later.)

So let me set the scene for you from this morning.  I wake up at 5:30, peep out the window hoping to see a fresh layer of snow, then check the internet on the slim chance that we are, I don't know, an hour late or something.  After checking the lengthy list of closed schools two times, I decide it is time to get ready.  All is normal until I notice the gates at school are closed.  Oh well, I think, Billy (our custodian) must be off today.  So I drive around the long way (making my commute an annoying 2 minutes instead of a brisk 90 seconds) and find the doors are closed.  I know what you're thinking: Now she figures it out...  Nope.  Again, I think, I have got to get a key from the principal for the days when Billy isn't here.  So I get back in my car at 6:55, crank up the heat and get out a stack of papers to grade.  After a few minutes I notice one of my fellow early risers isn't at school yet, so I finally call Andrew to double check.  "Yep, Knox County is closed," he utters in his gravelly morning voice.

I'm not the type to write a letter to the editor or anything, but if you don't mind, I'm going to use this forum to register my complaint.  What exactly happened between 10:00 last night and 6:00 this morning that made Knox County suddenly decide to close school?  Nothing.  No change in precipitation, temperature.  Nothing.  I can't imagine all the parents who have to make arrangements for their children with such late notice.  In the future, could we please make a decision at a decent hour?  Thanks.  Okay.  Enough of that.  On to the fun stuff. 

We hung out at Kenny and Angelina's Sunday night with a great group of friends.

Super Bowl?  What Super Bowl?

The Steelers and who? ...but I thought they were a baseball team...

Even when singing "The Joker," his voice makes me melt.  You wouldn't believe it because he rarely sings, but it is a combination of Brad Paisley and Randy Travis.  Seriously.

This girl is the master of Rock Band and only slightly intimidates me.  

Getting a little frustrated with the drums.


I never thought I would be so relieved to be singing in front of people.  I think they were relieved to have me off the drums too!

With five kids in the house, there had to be some drama before the night ended.  What is the going rate for the Tooth Fairy these days?

1 comment:

AReed said...

I think that I may have been a crummy host for a Super Bowl Party this year..seeing as how I was Completly uninterested!! OH well Guitar Hero World Tour Was way more fun! And I really think You me and Steph could honestly form a band...What do you think?