
It's really not helping my slight crush on Andrerson Cooper,

or Sanjay Gupta for that matter.

Gupta was helicoptered to an aircraft carrier to perform brain surgery on a 12 year old girl when they could find no other neurosurgeons in the country.
He has even skipped out on his CNN show because he couldn't tear himself away from the field. Quoted from his Twitter feed, "Yes, I am a reporter, but I am a doctor first." Wow. When is this guy running for President? He has my vote any day. Make sure to click the link to the right to donate to Compassion's Haiti Fund to help however you can.
I'm so proud of my first period class. We read an article from the News-Sentinel about one of the teachers at our school who is in the process of adopting from Haiti, and they wanted to do something to help the orphanage where her little girl is staying. This week we'll be taking a little class time to assemble ribbons and make posters for their fundraiser. Somehow I think that might be a little more memorable than the pronoun antecedent agreement we had planned :)

I've been on a baking hiatus lately, but I got some inspiration today to make some pound cake.

I tried a new recipe from the Williams Sonoma Desserts Cookbook. Those things are foolproof. I highly recommend all of their cookbooks. BTW, you're lucky you got a picture of this. It was eaten pretty swiftly after I not-so-gingerly set the camera down.

Not sure if that's the pound cake or the nearly peach-sized baby showing. We're headed to the doctor tomorrow and will hopefully get to hear the heartbeat!

1 comment:
I love the belly shot! I thought you were hiding something behind your sweater yesterday!
Post a Comment